All Apps and Add-ons

Sideview Utils Lookup Updater issue

lukeh
Contributor

Hi 🙂

I am using Sideview Utils 2.4 with Splunk 5.0.2 and I am having an issue with the Lookup Updater.

I have copied the update_lookup dashboard from the sideview_utils app and put it in my SplunkForMedia app and I can successfully update & delete rows, and add new rows. However when I try to re-upload a csv file, it redirects me to the update_lookup dashboard in the sideview_utils app:

I start here:

https://splunk/en-GB/app/SplunkForMedia/s4m_lookup_updater2#lookupName=group_elements.csv&autoRun=True

Click on the Reupload tab

Choose a new copy of the csv file

Click Update

It does upload the csv file successfully but it redirects to the sideview_utils app:

https://splunk/en-GB/app/sideview_utils/update_lookup?app=SplunkForMedia&lookupName=group_elements.csv&success=true&message=The%20group_elements.csv%20lookup%20has%20been%20successfully%20updated

The group_elements.csv lookup has been successfully updated

Is this a bug or is there a workaround to keep the user in the SplunkForMedia app when they Reupload a csv file?

Thanks in advance,

Luke 🙂

1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's a bug. It's easy to fix. Sorry about that. 😃 I didn't specifically test the feature to make sure it would work after it had been airlifted over into another app.

What happens is that after the controller processes your POST, it does a redirect back to itself but it hardcodes the redirect back to "/app/sideview_utils/update_lookup" rather than redirecting back to the app and view the user was working from.

Again, it's really easy to fix and I'll get the fix into 2.4.1 which should come out in a week or two. Cheers and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's a bug. It's easy to fix. Sorry about that. 😃 I didn't specifically test the feature to make sure it would work after it had been airlifted over into another app.

What happens is that after the controller processes your POST, it does a redirect back to itself but it hardcodes the redirect back to "/app/sideview_utils/update_lookup" rather than redirecting back to the app and view the user was working from.

Again, it's really easy to fix and I'll get the fix into 2.4.1 which should come out in a week or two. Cheers and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

0 Karma

lukeh
Contributor

Thanks Nick 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...