All Apps and Add-ons

Proofpoint On Demand Email Security Add-on, need to store a copy of email logs to a local file

Log_wrangler
Builder

I have the Proof point On Demand Email Security Add-on configured on a HF and it is sending logs to the indexers to be consumed by splunk.

However I have another use-case where I need to get a copy of the logs into s3 for another application to use.

I thought I would ask if anyone in the community has worked with the add-on long enough to know how I could setup a second input using the ProofPoint Web-socket/API key to send the logs to a local file on the forwarder. From there I need to send the logs to s3, which I can do with scripted aws cli commands.

I know this is not a typical use-case but I thought I would ask.

Thank you

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a couple ideas for you.

1. Is this a use case for the outputlookup command? You can drop the data to disk easily with that command, but it will be csv.

(You could just send _raw to the csv and have 1 column)

1. You can crack open the python code and hack in a drop to disk feature :-).

Again just ideas/thoughts. I have 0 experience with the app.

0 Karma

Log_wrangler
Builder

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. I tried deciphering the .py scripts but there are too many intermingled, no luck so far.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...