All Apps and Add-ons

Multiple panels in Tabs

swathis
Explorer

Hi,
I am using switcher module with Tabs and pulldown.I am trying to get multiple panels in each tab.As of now I am getting only one column chart is each row.I want 3 column charts in each row when I choose the tab.Please let me know as how I can I do this?

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Each direct child of a Switcher module, with its own little group attribute, will comprise one active state of the Switcher - whether that state is being driven by a Pulldown or a Tabs module. However each of those direct children can have any number of other downstream modules. So if you want a bunch of different modules to show up under one active tab or option, you just have to create one direct child of the Switcher, and then put all your different modules downstream from that one direct child. If there's nothing at all that the different modules share in common, then the best idea is to use a NullModule as their common parent. Put the group attribute on the NullModule, the NullModule is of course the single direct child of the Switcher for your 3 charts, and then the NullModule contains various config downstream, notably all the stuff for your 3 charts.

If you check out the documentation in Sideview Utils - "Module Documentation > Advanced Modules > The Switcher Module", and you click the link there to "view xml source for this view", you'll see that a couple of the Switcher examples there have more than one module under a single Switcher branch. Admittedly there's nothing there giving the hint about using NullModule in cases where you want to group somewhat unrelated stuff together. I'll add something about that to that docs page in the next release.

swathis
Explorer

Say for example I have 3 tabs in my dashboard tab1,tab2,tab3. I have 3 charts and 1 table to be displayed.So now when I choose tab1 I want all my 3 charts to be displayed in the same row and table in next row.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you post your XML? And by panel can I double check that you mean the rounded-corner panels on the Splunk dashboard template? And by "3 column charts in each row" do you mean like "3 column charts to show when each tab is selected"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...