All Apps and Add-ons

Monitoring of Java Virtual Machines with JMX stopped working after CPU spike

amotta

Hi,

I started working with Splunk a couple of months ago, and we are currently using Monitoring of Java Virtual Machines with the JMX app to monitor the health of JVM. Lately, I noted an issue where the app stopped working and getting data from JVM after the server CPU spiked to 100%. I tried to restart Splunk on the server and checking logs; I have the following error:

2023-07-04 08:18:46 ERROR Logger=jmx://XXXXX host=XXXXX, jmxServiceURL=, jmxport=XXX, jvmDescription=XXXX, processID=0,stanza=jmx://XXXXX,systemErrorMessage="Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException]"

It was working before the CPU issue, and the server had no changes. I double-checked all configurations, and tried restarting Splunk and reinstalling the app, but it always returned the same error. Does anyone have a clue?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...