All Apps and Add-ons

Import complete Database tables using DB connect

splunkdivya
Explorer

Hi There!

I have a usecase wherein I need to import the complete database, like one particular table of ALL the Schemas of ALL the catalogs available in a connection in one input.
I do have access to the Database as well
Do we have a way around for the same.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkdivya 

• You can use Splunk DB connect batch input to import entire table, it takes a while depends on schedule of input and table size
  • You will need one input for each table in schema unless you write a SQL query that combines all the information from multiple tables which might be complex I wouldn't do that

Note: "Batch input mode is ideal for unchanging historical data that will be indexed into Splunk once. It can also be useful for re-indexing data that updates through time"

Splunk docs link would help to start with, How Splunk DB Connect works - Splunk Documentation 

----------------------------------------------

An upvote would be appreciated if it helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...