All Apps and Add-ons

How to fix Splunk Add-on Builder error - RuntimeError: assist binary not found?

apignata
Explorer

I am on a new install of Splunk 9.0.1 and add-on builder 4.1.1.
- creating a python script with check pointing as a Data Collection input.
- testing (with Test button) works as intended on the Edit Data Input
- after publishing I am not able to create a new input to start collecting events
- The script works as intended without the checkpoints
- Code of the check point below:

for service in r_json["response"]:
state = helper.get_check_point(str(service["name"]) + str(service["appstack"]))
if state is None:
final_result.append(service)
helper.save_check_point(str(service["name"]) + str(service["appstack"]), "Indexed")

#helper.delete_check_point(str(service["name"]) + str(service["appstack"]))

- Index="_internal" error are below

ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" RuntimeError: assist binary not found, path=/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/darwin_x86_64/assistsup
ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" raise RuntimeError(f'assist binary not found, path={full_path}')
ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" File "/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/assist/supervisor/context.py", line 41, in _test_supervisory_binary
ERROR ExecProcessor [1464594 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" _test_supervisory_binary(base_path)

Labels (2)
0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

I made suggested change to disable the data input but I am still getting the same error. 
I do not see permission to disable the whole app though. Can you please help as I am stuck !

0 Karma

Velluv
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I just upgraded my dev environment to Splunk Enterprise 9.1.0.1 and add-on builder 4.1.3 
And I cannot reproduce this error. What versions are You using?

0 Karma

aviv_
Observer

I'm experience the same issue after deleting a data input.

02-22-2023 17:16:27.779 +0200 ERROR ExecProcessor [6701716 ExecProcessor] - message from "/Applications/Splunk/bin/python3.7 /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" RuntimeError: assist binary not found, path=/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/darwin_x86_64/assistsup

Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 17.24.52.pngAny solution? 

0 Karma

Velluv
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I had same problem. I just disabled "Splunk Assist Supervisor" Data Inputs

Velluv_0-1680026987827.png

There are two data inputs with same name, I disabled both, but the one in image should be enough.

Actually , i finally disabled whole splunk_assist app. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...