All Apps and Add-ons

How can I add extra mount point(s) under "Disk Usage" panel in Monitoring Console?

muradgh
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

I want to add some extra mount points in the Monitoring console for reporting purposes.

Currently, I can see only the following:

muradgh_0-1683724928784.png

Looking into the CLI for this instance (client X):

muradgh_1-1683725137521.png

So, I want to add "/opt/splunk-frozendata". (also adding the "/" is a great addition to the list)

What I have done is editing to the "indexes.conf" by adding the following:

[volume:frozenprimary]
path = /opt/splunk-frozendata

After this, I restarted the Splunk machine and went back to the Monitoring console to see if this did the trick, but it didn't.

Going to "Monitoring Console" by clicking on the "Settings" menu, then "Monitoring Console.", then selecting the "Indexes" tab, under the "Indexes and Volumes" I can see the following:

muradgh_2-1683726406845.png

So, for the sake of testing, I went back to the "indexes.conf" and edited:

[volume:frozenprimary]
path = /opt/splunk-frozendata
maxVolumeDataSizeMB = 3670016

After this, I restarted the Splunk machine and went back to the Monitoring console to see what changed, I found the following:

muradgh_3-1683726999817.png

And also nothing changed under the "Disk Usage" panel.

Can someone please help me with this? what am I missing here?

Thanks.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

aleccese
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi,

did you manage to solve this?

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...