All Apps and Add-ons

Error getting indexer cluster bundle status

doeboy

receiving the following error when trying to run "./splunk show cluster-bundle-status"

'Failed to contact the cluster manager. ERROR: 

Cluster manager is not enabled on this node. " 

A duplicate error is displayed for the peers. 
But when I sign into the cluster manager and go to indexer clustering there is all my 4 indexers on the dashboard and the manager node is properly set in configuration. I've even double checked the .conf files. 

Any suggestions?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

meetmshah
Contributor

Hello, Just checking through if the issue was resolved or you have any further questions?

0 Karma

meetmshah
Contributor

Hello @doeboy where are you firing the command (on which instance)? The command you mentioned "./splunk show cluster-bundle-status" is meant for Cluster Manager and not for Peers. Here is the Splunk Doc for your reference - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/Indexer/Updatepeerconfigurations#Use_the_CLI_to_v... 

It feels like you are trying to run the command on Indexer Peers. Can you please run on Cluster Manager and see if you are able to view the status as expected?

Please accept the solution and hit Karma, if this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...