All Apps and Add-ons

Error Bars/Variance range for each point on a line graph

tiberious726
Path Finder

I would like to generate a line graph wherein each data data point has an error bar/variance range represented. Something along the lines of:

_              _

|              |
_        -----o--------------o
|   ---/      |              |
o--/          _              _
|
_

I am aware that I could simply graph them as three different series, however this solution scales terribly when trying to represent many such series on the same graph. Do I really need to pull the data out of splunk and use another graphing program?

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

you can easily show the lines you want with a line chart -- here's a blog post with examples and links to the commands for doing so. blogs.splunk.com/2012/11/04/predict-detect/

to visualize the data with something more advanced than a line chart you'll need to look into how to leverage other visualization libraries in Splunk; I know there are examples in some apps, but I can't talk to how they work.

Jack

tiberious726
Path Finder

Does Sideview allow for this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...