All Apps and Add-ons

CyberArk and Splunk: How to rotate web logins? How to rotate/update service account confs?

nick405060
Motivator

Hey guys,

I have Splunk integrated with CyberArk in two ways:

1) Splunk ingests and alerts on CyberArk events
2) CyberArk rotates Splunk server passwords

However, I am looking to:

1) Rotate Splunk web logins using CyberArk - how can I do this? Alternately, is it possible for CyberArk to run bash scripts? If so, we could just use the Splunk CLI to rotate the web logins
2) Rotate the password of our splunk_service_account. We can't do this because we would somehow have to update the Splunk conf files that use it (e.g. LDAP bind, API query confs, etc) whenever it is rotated. Any ideas?

0 Karma

HalisAkdeniz
Engager

Hello Nick,

I have the same requirement as updating  LDAP Bind  password in Splunk automatically, as soon as it's updated by Cyberark.

Could you find a solution about this issue?

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...