All Apps and Add-ons

After installing the Splunk App for Okta on my Splunk Windows installation, why am I getting error "MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers."?

chuckvm

Windows Splunk installation, added Splunk Okta app and get the following errors.

INFO pid=3960 tid=MainThread file=okta.py:get_okta_modinput_configs:135 | Set loglevel to WARN
ERROR pid=3960 tid=MainThread file=okta_config.py:check_conf_mgr_result:24 | Failed to set the data input [okta] on disk. Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_okta\bin\okta_config.py", line 114, in update_data_input_on_disk
    parser.read(conf_path)
  File "\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\ConfigParser.py", line 305, in read
    self._read(fp, filename)
  File "\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\ConfigParser.py", line 512, in _read
    raise MissingSectionHeaderError(fpname, lineno, line)
MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: \Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_okta\local\inputs.conf, line: 1
'\xef\xbb\xbf\n'
0 Karma

ekzp
Explorer

In my case of IMAP Mailbox, MissingSectionHeaderConfig was caused by the encoding of the config file - it was encoded with UTF-8. Opened it with Notepad and saved it as ANSI.

Cheers,
Zoltan

0 Karma

ekzp
Explorer

In my case of IMAP Mailbox, MissingSectionHeaderConfig was caused by the encoding of the config file - it was encoded with UTF-8. Opened it with Notepad and saved it as ANSI.

Cheers,
Zoltan

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We have a fix that is not yet officially released. I can send you the patch if you want to try it out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...