All Apps and Add-ons

Admin's Little Helper v1.2.0 Released - Fixes issue with distributed btool on next version of Splunk Cloud

acharlieh
Influencer

Hi there! Your friendly neighborhood Splunk Teddy Bear.

Just stopping in to let you know that if you're using my Admin's Little Helper app, you may want to update to the v1.2.0 version that passed cloud vetting just last Friday. 

What's going on is in the next version of Splunk Cloud (tentatively Feb/March 2024 or so) there's a change happening around how distributed search works. Unfortunately that change with combined with how I'm doing checking of capabilities in existing versions means if you're using any older version of sa-littlehelper on this new version of Splunk Cloud the `| btool` command will work for your search head, but will not return any results from your indexers (search peers), and instead give error messages about needing to have the correct capability. 

This v1.2.0 release fixes that issue on the upcoming SplunkCloud version as well as still work on all current supported versions of Splunk Enterprise & Splunk Cloud too, so I wanted to get the word out that you should update and save your future self some headache (with what I view to be core fuctionality)

I've also posted variations of this notice on the #splunk_cloud channel on splunk-usergroups, the Splunk subreddit, and GoSplunk discord If there are other places you think I should let me know 🙂

As mentioned on the contact page on Splunkbase While this app is not formally supported, the developer (me) can be reached at teddybear@splunk.com OR in splunk-usergroups slack, @teddybfez. Responses are made on a best effort basis. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!

Learn more about splunk-usergroups slack

Admins Little Helper for Splunk 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...