All Apps and Add-ons

About Splunk Stream

beginne_Splunk
Explorer

I am setting up a Splunk Stream.
I am having trouble with the official instructions, which are very confusing for a beginner.

Below is the environment that has already been set up.
Server A
XAMPP
DVWA
UF(ver9.0.4)

Server B
Splunk(ver9.0.4)
Stream(8.1.0) → to be installed

I would like to deploy Stream on server B to analyze DVWA logs sent from UF on server A. Can someone please itemize and explain the necessary steps?
I know this is a rudimentary question, but please help.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There seems to be a misunderstand about what Splunk Stream does.  Stream collects network data and forwards it to Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud.  Stream does not analyze logs.

If you can use a UF to send logs to Splunk then you don't need Stream.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

beginne_Splunk
Explorer

Thanks for the answer.
Can you tell me what I need to do to collect network data with Stream and transfer it to Splunk Enterprise?
I would like to visualize Wire Data using Stream.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Stream has changed a bit since I last used it.  You can find installation instructions starting at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/8.1.0/DeployStreamApp/Streampackages

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...