Alerting

splunk alert intended to bcc'd user

kkjayalal

Dear Splunk

I have a use case to send some notification/warning alert to those users who are met with some criteria in search.

How can i send alert only to the members(identified in search) in BCC list as the alert configuration have a mandatory TO list (for at least one member ) which  do not required in the use case.

simple , i want to set up an alert only with bcc'd users not anyone in "to" list

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Set up a "fake" to address and use that. However, you should consider that while Splunk may be able (to attempt) to send the email, the email system, either the senders or receivers, may deem a message with no real to address and only bcc address as spam and will junk the messages.

0 Karma

kkjayalal

Thanks for reply , keeping a fake email id spamming the mail box.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...