Alerting

how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" in the footer of every email when using the sendemail cmd.

apietersen
Contributor

Hi,

When using sendemail cmd like this:

| makeresults
| sendemail to="aaaaaa", from="bbbbbb" ,
subject=""
message="how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" ",
sendresults=false inline=true format=table content_type=plain footer="i-Alert"

I receive:

"how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" ------------------------------------------------------------------------ i-Alert"

I realy like to get rid of the "--------/ /---" string, especially when I want ot use sendemail for sms/txt messages. This is  useless waist of text-space/length per sms / text-message.

I have looked in sendemail.py and found 3 strings like "---- ---" but removing it had no effect on the result. 

Where should I look futher for removing this useless string of characters?

regards
AshleyP

Labels (3)
0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

Found it. I was working on the wrong Splunk machine 😞

Change the  .../bin/sendemail.py and look for "plainFooterTemplate"

remove or replace the "------//----" string.

After remove I received:

"how do I get rid of the redundant characters "---" i-Alert"

Thanks

regards

AshleyP

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like a divider between the email body and the footer. Have you tried removing the footer?

0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

Yes I did, No succes. I agree it looks like a divider in the layout of the email.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...