Alerting

Required to create separate alert if one field value change

Lalit
Engager

Hi All,

I have data like below with three fields : srcip,dstip and title . When I execute below query 

.........| stats count by srcip,dstip,title

Result :

srcip        dstip           title

srcip1     dstip1         title

srcip1     dstip2       title

srcip2     dstip2        title1

srcip2      dstip3       title1

srcip1       dstip2       title2

So we required to alert separate on basis title values.  For all events of one title, there should be one alert. So above example there should be trigger 3 separate alerts .

Thank you ! in Advance  

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can fire alert either once per whole result set or separately per each result row. So if you want three alerts from six rows, you have to adjust your search to "squeeze" multiple results into one row.

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Have a go with:

| stats count values(srcip) as srcip values(dstip) as dstip by title

This should produce three rows and therefore 3 alerts, where the srcip and dstip are multi-value fields.

0 Karma

Lalit
Engager

Thank you for your response.

I have already tried this.  In this search I am getting multiple srcip and multiple dstip In one row. I required one row for one srcip to one dstip but alert should be  trigger  saperatly title wise .

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

I can't think of a practical way to make an alert that will alert once per title, but also have many separate rows per title. You may be trying to do too much with one module.

You could set up the alert to use multi-value fields as per my previous suggestion, but then include a link in the alert to a separate search where each title is separate.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...