Alerting

How to resolve error: sendtophantom: Alert action script returned error code=1?

freddy_Guo
Path Finder

Hi, 

We have recently switched from Phantom to SOAR and I'm trying to send our triggered alerts to SOAR. 

I have tested that from Splunk Enterprise to SOAR connect and it works.

But I keep getting the following error for one alert

11-04-2022 05:31:21.724 +1100 WARN  sendmodalert [17285 AlertNotifierWorker-0] - action=sendtophantom - Alert action script returned error code=1

11-04-2022 05:31:21.724 +1100 INFO  sendmodalert [17285 AlertNotifierWorker-0] - action=sendtophantom - Alert action script completed in duration=1394 ms with exit code=1

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

splunkoptimus
Path Finder

I'm also having the same error. How did you fix it?

03-01-2023 15:00:20.084 +0000 WARN sendmodalert [36371 AlertNotifierWorker-0] - action=aws_sns_modular_alert - Alert action script returned error code=1
0 Karma

freddy_Guo
Path Finder

Did you make it work? What was your issue?

0 Karma

freddy_Guo
Path Finder

Hi @splunkoptimus,

Our issue was caused by a missing label. So we have label "threat" configured in Phantom but not in SOAR. So SOAR was throwing error due to no matching label found. 

Hopefully that helps. 

0 Karma

splunkoptimus
Path Finder

No, there were special characters in my lookup which caused the email alert_action python script to break. Once I removed the special characters email were sent out. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...