Alerting

Custom Alert: Get Result Count and Search Query

betamx
Observer

Hi, I'm new to creating custom alert action & I'm following the documentations provided by Splunk to create this. While I've got my alert to work, however I couldn't find a mechanism to inject the following two items to my application:

• The number of items in the search result
  • The actual search query

In my use-case I need both of them & I'm not sure how to do that. I tried following another solved answer on similar lines but this hasn't helped me so far. Here's what I did in the savedsearches.conf.:

action.tmc.param.result_count = $job.resultCount$
action.tmc.param.search_query = $job.search$

I've also defined the savedsearches.conf..spec file as follows:

action.tmc.param.result_count = <integer>
action.tmc.param.search_query = <string>

However in my python script, when I print out the configuration sent out, I don't see these two arguments passed. I've restarted Splunk but that hasn't helped either.

I would really appreciate if someone can please help guide me to the right direction. Thanks! 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...