Alerting

Alerts Dashboard

maayan
Path Finder

Hi,

i need to find a way to present all alerts in a dashboard(Classic/Studio). users don't want to get mail for each alert, they prefer to see (maybe in a table ) all the alerts in one page + the alert's last result.
and maybe to click on the alert and get the last search.

is it possible to create an alerts dashboard?

thanks,
Maayan

Labels (1)
0 Karma

maayan
Path Finder

Hi,

Thanks! i will check. i dont have permission to install apps.
i wonder if there is an internal query to get all alerts and their results

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @maayan,

with this search you can list all the alerts

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches 
| where alert_type!="always"
| table title

and with this search yu can list the fired alerts

index=_audit action="alert_fired" 
| rename ss_name AS title 
| join title [ | rest /services/saved/searches | table title, alert_threshold ] 
| timechart values(alert_threshold) AS alert_threshold count by title

Ciao.

Giuseppe

maayan
Path Finder

Hi,

It's a very useful query!

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches | where alert_type!="always" | table title,author,description,"eai:acl.owner","next_scheduled_time","action.email.to"

I need the alerts results and the second query doesn't work for me. i have already created an alert and see in under the "Alerts" tab and scheduled in today.
What i need to change in the second query to results? 
maybe something in the alert setting? or different index?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @maayan,

did you explored the Alert Manager App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2665)?

Try it, I usually use it when I cannot use ES.

Put attention only to one point: the app can see only alerts with a Global sharing.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

maayan
Path Finder

we don't have permission to install the app. i will try to ask the infra team again.
is there an option to add the alert result to this query?

| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches | where alert_type!="always" | table title,author,description,"eai:acl.owner","next_scheduled_time","action.email.to"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...