Alerting

Alert event

Pravinsugi
Path Finder

Please help me on below things:

Requirements:

Once 3 events meets, immediately next event should published.if event is not published after 5 min ,need alert.

Example :

We have one customerno.for the customer number ,I have to search whether 3 events meets logs available in the splunk log or not 

Ex: index= 1 source type ="abc" "s1 event received" and "s2 event received" and "s3 event received"  

When I search above query ,I will be getting like

S1 received for 12345 customer

S2 received for 12345 customer

S3 received for 12345 customer

If for one customer,all 3 event are met,next i want to search "created" message available in the splunk for same customer (12345)

Here "created" message index and source type is different

• If "created" message not available for 12345 customer no after 5 min once all 3 events meets,I need alert.pls help on this query.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can approach it with something like this

(index=1 sourcetype="abc" "s1 event received" and "s2 event received" and "s3 event received") OR 
(index=2 sourcetype="xyz" "created") 
| rex "(?<e_type>s.) event received for (?<customer>\d+)" 
| rex "(?<created>created) for (?<customer>\d+)" 
| stats max(eval(if(e_type="s3",_time, null()))) as last_e_type max(eval(if(created="created", _time, null()))) as created_time dc(e_type) as e_types values(created) as created by customer
| addinfo
| where e_types=3 AND (created_time-last_e_type > 300 OR (isnull(created_time) AND info_max_time - last_e_type > 300)

so you search for both data sets and extract the customer using rex from the event types. It also extracts the event type (s1/s2/s3) into e_type. It then calculates the number of e_types and the relevant times, i.e. last_e_type is the time of the s3 event and created_time is the time of the created event.

Then the final where clause will require all 3 sX events to have been received and if the created time is more than 5min after the s3 or if there is no created event seen it will drop through.

Note that your time window for your search should allow for s1/s2/s3 AND created to be in the same dataset because if you run the search and it only sees s1 and nothing else and in the next search it sees s2 and s3 and no created, it will not alert.

So maybe the search should be set to run every 5 minutes and to look at a 10 minute window, e.g. from -10m@m  to -5m@m    

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...