I have a search showing 288 results but the chart is not showing them all
I know timechart has a "limit" switch but it only works if you have a split-by-clause
Here is my code
this returns 288 days with a number for avg(field_Number) and a new number is added every day.
I am also trying to add a trend line with a look ahead to the timechart.
Thanks for any help.
asked 05 Mar '12, 08:48
OK Here is the actual search command
I run this once a week on a schedule
The results table is as is expected. I could not find a way to upload the tabke so i included several lines here but they are all the same. 281 results one for each day since i started monitoring disk use on the system.
I have attache a screen shot of the graph and it shows that the only thin i see in the graph is the start of recording up to about 40 days or 40 points. not all 281 points are shown.
Would it be possible for you to post a screen-shot of this? It would help in reproducing if I could see the chart as well as the search results in table form, so I can tell what is not being plotted. Thanks!
answered 05 Mar '12, 10:38
Sorry I don't think the data like you asked would help but maybe i can explain better.
I have a search that reports one valy per day for 288 days. the days bucket is defined in the span=1d. so I have a tale with one collumb of 288 dates and one collumb of 288 asoceated numbers. when i put this on a graph i only get 100 dates and 100 assoceated numbers. as i understand it this is due to the default "limit" for the timechart function. the "limit" switch can be set to smaller or larger but only if you are useing the by clause like "count by something" or "this by that" so my problem is how to change the defult limit without useing the "by" clause or maybe i sould be useing the 'stats avg(field_number)' rather than the timechart
answered 05 Mar '12, 12:36